Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The tornado that takes the house...

So February 21st to March 22nd is our Birthday Blitz. 3 Out of 4 of my kids have their Birthdays. Some years we even get to do Easter, too. It's quite the whirl wind... Parties, Cake, Presents, Parties, Cake, Presents. Heck, it's an F5 twister around here.

As you know I allow the kids to choose which Birthday Cake they want me to make and then I spend a couple of DAYS making it and doing practically nothing else. So needless to say, since I've blogged about it before, there are not Words to describe the mess. Especially this year since I've done two cakes this week. I can't work in a messy Kitchen so that's about the extent of my cleaning. But you should see my kids rooms:(:(:( I shouldn't have to clean those anyways, right? Riiigghht!

Well, even though it can be a little difficult to deal with all the carnage after the tornado, at least we have memories of this...



































and this...











































Aubrey's birthday is still yet to come. I'm going to try to take advantage of the break in the "weather" to regroup for her BIG 10th birthday party. It's her year to have the whole shebang(which at our house just means friends instead of family, but with a family as big as ours, I'm beginning to think we've got it kind of backwards.)

This will soon all be over and I'll have the rest of the year to recover...until the F4 twister comes at Christmas...but you know how unpredictable the weather can be!

3 comments:

Weatherspoon Family said...

Holy crap!! That's all I can say. You are amazing!!!

wendymb said...

I'm wishin you lived closer Amanda! Those cakes are A M A Z I N G!!! My kids are missin out..chocolate cake in a metal pan is as fancy as I get.

tracey said...

I am sure your kids can't appreciate how super lucky they are to have a mom to make them the awesomest cakes EVER! I love, love love them both... and with the matching cupcakes!! Too cute!
Lucky kids!