Saturday, March 21, 2009

Plenty of Courage Here!


So, I got my courage on and threw Aubrey her first slumber party to celebrate her birthday coming up on the 22nd. Last night we had 8 little girls spend the night in addition to Aubrey and Sariah for a total of 10 girls. I feel like I just gave birth. What a wild bunch!
We had cake and presents and afterward decoupaged Masquerade Masks. At midnight when we were finally done with that, the girls watched "Horton Hears a Who" and I went to Bed. I could hear them up until about 2am. I finally got into a deep sleep only to be awakened by some little girl singing at the top of her lungs. I ran down stairs to shut her up before she could wake up the whole house, thinking no one had slept at all, and discovered it was 6 am. They had slept... A total of 4 hours. For breakfast we broke out some strawberries, grapes, and the chocolate fountain. I'm sure the parents will love me for that one. But what fun is it going to a party if you can't break the rules just a little?

Anyways, before I take my nap to recover, I thought I'd post these cake pics...
















4 comments:

mel said...

That cake is awesome! Did you make them all yourself? I would have been sleep deprived before I even had the girls over from the stress of the cake. By the way this is Melanie (Casey's wife)

tracey said...

Wow Amanda! That cake is AMAZING! You are so incredibly talented! Kudos for you for braving the sleepover. Looks like they had a wonderful time!

Sara said...

I can't believe these cakes...you are so TALENTED Amanda! Can't wait to see what else you create:)

FamiLee said...

You are amazing with the cakes!