Thursday, January 8, 2009

That's how I play a day away in the merry old land of Moss!

So let me start this by saying THANKS HONEY, for putting up with all the mess and chaos that ensue when your wife decides she going to make A CAKE. I know you didn't really mean it when you said that this is the last cake I can ever make. Thanks for letting me play!

Well, necessary brown nosing aside...

I did it! Ellie's princess cake is now a memory, documented only by my crappy camera and probably my hips (when I make a cake the only thing I get around to eating is cake, rice krispie treats, and to a lesser degree frosting). I decorated this cake in record time and it didn't turn out half bad. The base fondant turned out horribly, so don't look too close at the pics. Ellie was such a good helper and covered the first layer with fingernail marks and fingerprints. And for some reason, maybe the sun???, the under layer that was originally light pink turned white everywhere that it wasn't covered. The only real problem I had was deciding if I would follow the picture of the princess cake I was using for inspiration or follow my own ideas. In the end I only used the concept from the contest cake, it just wasn't "Disney" enough for me. So this is what I came up with...




It was definitely Princess approved!








8 comments:

wendymb said...

I'm WAY impressed Amanda!! That cake is awsome...I don't think I'd ever let anyone cut into it if I ever made such a masterpiece!

mimi said...

WOW! That is so FUN!!!!!! You are so talented!

Withawhy said...

I love it! ...how did you make the pillow? You make the most amazing cakes!

Weatherspoon Family said...

Amazing!!!

Megan said...

amazing amanda! so im going to attempt a small cake for nehemiahs first birthday on feb 2, how did you make the pillow? is that cake?

Amanda Jo Moss said...

I made the pillow with rice krispie treats. That's what I use anytime I have to make a shaped cake like a cowboy boot or football helmet or anything like that. You just shape it out of the RK treats, frost, and add the fondant.

Megan said...

sweet thanks

The Morgans said...

THat is so pretty, Good Job