Friday, January 2, 2009

Back Tracking Needed (Get ready for a long one!)

So I'm finally feeling like I have a minute to post some pics from the holidays. No big deal! Just get them on here for journaling purposes and the grandparents. I didn't get as much accomplished this Holiday season as I wanted to, it just seemed so short didn't it?, but I did scratch Gingerbread houses off the list. I would really like to make them from scratch with melted candy stained glass windows and all but... We settled for kits from the store. Heidie and Madison, my two nieces joined us. What sticky/messy fun!

Sariah was able to bring her Cello home for the holidays to practice. Although if I recall this was the only time she has taken it out all Christmas break. I know, what a good mom I am. Anyways, the poor thing has to sit in the rocking chair 8 inches from the entertainment center so she can read her music. She's really in need of a music stand. I am so happy she is playing Cello. It is very low pitch which means it doesn't grate on my nerves when she practices the same thing over and over and occasionally plays the wrong note. It sounds quite beautiful actually. She doesn't bring it home that often because it's so big and they don't allow it on the bus so I figured I'd snap a pic. I think her concert is in a couple weeks so I probably should have been on her to practice more.

Isaac FINALLY got the slinky dog he's been asking for for Christmas the last three years. I could never see the point and quite frankly I still don't. Obviously whatever it is about this toy that's lost on me isn't lost on him~ He loves the thing. Go figure.

One of my fav moments
of Ellie. She got her coat and shoes on by herself, although she did insist I button it up. Then she
just lounged around on the floor watching a Barbie movie. I forget
which one. She watches about 2/day. I know, my parenting skills... Anyways, don't you just love it? It reminds me of pictures my parents have of me coloring on the kitchen floor, just a candid moment of a kid being a kid. (Scary! Look at the Halloween AND Christmas decor in the background. It took me FOREVER to take down and put away Halloween. It'd probably still be there if it wasn't for Christmas crowding it out. And yes, she's laying on the vacuum cord~something else that rarely gets put away.)

So my girls got a three story barbie house for Christmas, which I really need to post a picture of since I keep talking about it so much, and about 10 Barbies between them. So what did they play with the most on Christmas day? This Fish Game I got at Target for $4. Go figure again! They say it reminds them of Grandmas, sorta sweet I guess.

Well, I've got a ton more I would love to post but in order to not bore you all to death, I'll save some for later.
Till Then!

1 comment:

FamiLee said...

Thanks for posting the picks of Heidie and Maddie...looks like you have been busy!
~Heidie