Saturday, January 3, 2009

FONDANT (As per request)


So I've had a couple of requests for my fondant recipe and because I'm really not the type to keep a secret I've decided to post it here on my blog. It's such an easy recipe that even if you don't make cake, you could make up a batch for a fun edible playdough. I'm taking some to my NEW primary class tomorrow so they can sculpt the plan of Salvation (Sounds like something off of Seriously So blessed, I know but I've been promoted to 10 year olds, yay!) It really does taste just like marshmallow~not one of my fav flavors so I usually add almond extract to it. Instead of writing out the whole process I'm just going to give you a link. It's got step by step with pics and is the best recipe I've found. It could be a tad stiffer but I use it because of it's simplicity. So many fondant recipes have 10+ ingredients and call for things like glycerin??? Where do you get that? So with out further ado...
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm
Happy Sculpting!

1 comment:

Bek 'n' the boys said...

glycerin isnt hard to find actually! You would find it at a healh food store with natural sweeteners. Just to let you know! It may also be called vegetable glycerin. Hope that helps you!