Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Follow, Follow, Follow, Follow

Here I go, following the masses. Okay, I actually think this blog thing is a lot cooler that I did at first. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to keep up. But I realized I waste a good amount of time online reading stupid "news" and such. If I give that up I should have a sufficient amount of time.
The girls are officially back at school after a whirlwind summer. Sariah started middle school and was very relieved, I think, to see that all her fears would not be realized. She remembered the combo to her locker and the handle didn't jam, she didn't get lost on the way to any of her classes, her teachers didn't saddle her with mountains of homework on the first day, her teachers were all nice and supportive instead of cold and strict, and lunch didn't taste as disgusting as it did in elementary. Her only complaint? Only one teacher pronounced her name right.
Aubrey is now in 4th grade and has kept up with her streak of getting the most highly recommended teacher around, even though they don't allow requests here. She has several kids in her class from last year, so she feels right at home. Her only complaint? Summer seemed more like Christmas vacation that Summer vacation.
Isaac starts school on Monday the 8th. He is so excited. I had intended on keeping him home but decided his brain needs far more stimulation that I can offer him at this point. He is such a social bug. Just being with the other kids is going to do him wonders.
So it will just be Ellie and I. Maybe I'll get a couple of hours without screaming and whining but I doubt it. I hope to get her re-potty trained. Yes, she was successful at it for weeks, only to have her dumb, should have know better on the fourth kid mom, move her into a big girl bed. Now she is used to not having to wear a diaper but completely unwilling to use the toilet. She has turned into a sort of puppy, choosing the same spot in Sariah's room for accidents. (Poor Sariah) Which brings to my next goal. Shampooing the carpets.
I've used my time for today. Time to go to battle with Ellie over the outfit she'll want to wear. Wish me luck.

No comments: