Sunday, September 21, 2008

And our little dog, too.


So yes I have officially lost my mind and given in. We got a puppy. Andy's sister Wendy's dog had puppies in July and I agreed to let us adopt one. We really lucked out because he has the best personality. He never tries to squirm away and he doesn't get it your face. When I pet him my hands don't feel all grimy. He doesn't bark or jump on you.
He's so laid back, he was born to be a Moss it seems. So far so good. His name is Teddy. My niece Camille named him when he was born. The kids want to keep the name because it just seems to fit him. So we went to California to pick him up. And when we were leaving he was in his kennel crying. I was really thinking it was going to be the longest 15 hour drive home ever (as if that's not insanely long already). I told Sariah to hold him thinking he would quiet down. But he went from crying to yelping. Finally, I suggested Isaac hold him and sure enough, he snuggled down and closed his eyes instantly. There he stayed practically the whole
way home. Isaac had spent a good amount of time playing with the puppy while we were at Wendy's and obviously they'd bonded. So that makes me happy, after all I agreed to this whole puppy thing hoping Isaac would gain a buddy. As of now Teddy is definitely Issac's best friend.

3 comments:

jena said...

How CUTE!!! Isaac and Teddy look like a perfect pair. You are crazy to get a dog though. Especially a puppy. Good Luck!

Miranda said...

WOW! You'll have to let me know how it all goes with a puppy! My kids have been begging for years!

FamiLee said...

So jealous! I never thought I'd love a dog until we had a couple and now I miss having a dog!